The Tropicana welcomes you, your colleagues and friends to join us for an alternative Christmas gathering!
Forget formal Christmas dinners, awkward seating arrangements and the inevitable debate over dividing up the bill, we are offering you something you can’t refuse…
For the early bird price of £20 per person until 23 September (thereafter £23 per person) you and your group can have an evening of festive fun including:
- 45 minutes of skating on Icescapes famous outdoor ice rink
- A delicious hot meal from the Bay Café in an informal dining setting
- Meat option: seasonal sliced turkey breast, with delicious stuffing and a sweet cranberry sauce all wrapped in a brioche bun, with a side of herb crusted roast potatoes
- Vegetarian option: Portobello mushroom with blue cheese and rocket wrapped in a brioche bun, with a side of herb crusted roast potatoes
- Vegan option: available on request
- Exclusive access to the Tropicana Bar for our Christmas party with tunes playing until the early hours
- Friday 7 December (last date remaining)
Event run time
- Arrival and wrist bands 6.45pm
- Skate time 7pm to 8pm
- Food at The Bay Café 8pm to 9pm
- Party in Bar Tropicana 8pm to 1am
If you have a question that isn’t answered here just message us through our ‘contact us’ page.
How do I book?
Download the booking form from our website, complete the information and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our elves will check availability against the date you’ve requested and email you back with a payment reference number and link to our online payment facility (no cash, sorry!). Once you’ve paid the full amount we’ll confirm your party and look forward to seeing you on the night.
Do I have to pay in full or just a deposit initially?
To confirm your places, we will require the full amount paid when booking. On the night you will only need to bring spending money for the bar.
What happens if some of my party can’t make it?
Unfortunately, once your ticket has been paid for we are unable to offer refunds. However, in the disappointing event that you can no longer attend, you are able to transfer your ticket to someone else that would like to attend in your place at no extra cost – it is essential that we are notified of any dietary requirement changes at least 2 weeks prior to your party.
Is there a minimum or maximum number of party goers I can book?
The more the merrier! We can accommodate up to 400 guests per night.
Are there age restrictions?
Yes, over 18’s only. If you look youthful, please don’t be offended if we ask for ID in the bar area.
Is there a dress code?
What happens if I can’t skate?
If you can’t or don’t want to skate the price remains the same. We promise not to judge if we spot you holding onto the barriers to get around.
Is there parking?
For the designated drivers – there is paid for parking out front along Marine Parade. For everyone else there is a bus stop on Beach Road and Weston has plenty of taxi’s. We’re only a 10 minute or so walk from Weston train station.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
No, we have a fully stocked bar ready and waiting for you. Beer, cider, wine, prosecco, shots… not to mention a couple of winter favourites!
Some people in my group have specific dietary requirements?
We welcome vegans, vegetarians and those with any allergen intolerances. Just note them down on the booking form and ask those who have specific requirements to tell the Bay Café staff on the night.
What time should we arrive and where?
- Arrive at main doors to Icescape for 6:45pm – our team will meet you there and give your group wrist bands to access the event.
- Your skating time will run between 7pm – 8pm allowing time for you to switch your shoes for skates and vice versa
- After that head back out of the venue doors towards the Bay Café where our team will be waiting with delicious hot food to warm you through. During this time the doors to our bar will open and the party will kick off with our DJ and festive drinks until 1am
General ice skating questions?
Our friends at Icescape field these on their website: www.icescape-tropicana.co.uk